Mochi Pizza Bites
If you don’t know what Mochi is see my first Mochi post here
Ingredients: Plain Mochi, tomato sauce, vegan cheese (I use Daiya). Sauce is not pictured because (for shame), I used sauce from a can. I know, I know…
Total Time: Approximately 15 minutes
1. Pre-Heat oven to 450.
2. Cut Mochi into 1.5-2 inch squares.
3. Place Mochi on cookie sheet (no need to grease).
4. Add a drop or two (or three) of sauce to each piece.
5. Sprinkle cheese over the top of every piece. (if I had more cheese these would definitely have been cheesier- just sayin’).
6. Put in oven for 8-10 minutes. Plain Mochi takes about 8 minutes if the oven is pre-heated.
The outside was crunchy the inside was hollow and gooey…so good. My husband LOVED them, and he is a picky eater/non-vegan. The cheese was a little crunchy- if you want it a little more “melty” (<–100% a real cooking term) add it a minute after the Mochi has been in the oven.
Have you ever used Mochi?
Thanks for stopping by my low key vegan kitchen!
The Winner for the Big May Giveaway can be found here
Did you like this post? Vote for me by clicking the image below.