It has been a busy week over here for Vegan Mama and Eco Baby! I thought it might be fun to do a little round up post to share my blog week and my real life week.
Monday was Earth Day. To learn a little more about what Earth Day really is check out the post. Here are 5 Simple Things You Can Do to Keep Earth Beautiful.
I decided I wanted to create a family tradition of going on nature walks on Earth Day. The picture below is of Eco Baby on her first nature walk.
Tuesday I continued the Get to Work! Career Counseling and Blogging series with a post about creating a plan. I really enjoy writing this series. Included in the post is a link to one of my favorite blogs Sunny with a Chance of Sprinkles – she had a brave post that fit in perfectly with my blog. Also, she is awesome. I love her pictures and posts.
Wednesday was an exciting day for me. I held a giveaway; but this was the first time I was contacted by a company to try out a product and not the other way around. So exciting! The giveaway is for an all natural cruelty free face wash and it is awesome! I also try to educate about what is/is not cruelty free and give some of the history. So far I am very disappointed in the traffic to the giveaway. Hopefully before it ends next Wednesday more people will enter!
Those were all of my posts…but that certainly isn’t all I did!
What I Did This Week
- On another one of my favorite blogs Working On/Working Mom there was a recipe post for chocolate covered pretzels. Um, yum! I couldn’t resist so I tried them out myself with some vegan pretzels and chocolate. Don’t assume pretzels are vegan sometimes they have milk fillers in them! Check out my finished product…
- I was part of the Cara Box Exchange on Wifessionals and the PinPal Exchange on Get Busy Living. It was a lot of fun making the boxes to send over!
- Here is what I sent to my Cara Box partner (who just had a baby!) for the “Go Green” theme. All natural products for mama and baby (made by me). Unfortunately some of my homemade cloth diaper solution leaked in the box but I was told most of the stuff wasn’t affected. I haven’t received my Cara box yet.
- After perusing my PinPal buddies Pinterest (So much fun!) I decided to send her Beauty in a Jar and a Starbucks gift card. My package from her was awesome: TShirt Scarf, Kind Bars, Raw Granola, a chalkboard mug (<3 it), a little notepad AND she got me a Starbucks gift card, too!
- I am also organizing my first big giveaway in honor of my Blog-iversary and Vegan-iversary. Check it out; I would love for you to join! I am really excited about the prizes.
- I added information to my PR page about my publications!
- Finally, I signed up for a fundraiser. Next Sunday, I will be walking with team Hoppy Bottoms to support the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. For more information, to donate or to join our team please go here. If you are in the NJ area we would love to have you!
What to Look Forward to in the Coming Days and Week
- The SITS Girls Sharefest on Saturday Morning! I love it so much…
- This Sunday is my Grandma’s 70th birthday. You wouldn’t think she was a day over 55 🙂 After the party I will do a post about all of the party goodies I created. I can’t do it now – sometimes she reads my blog!
- Possibly being able to participate in a street fair and promote cloth diapering. Yay!
OK. That there is my round-up! I would love to hear about what you are looking forward to- leave a comment!
Check these blogs out: